Space in the undercroft of the church will serve as a studio space to work on this project. We cordoned off a corner to put up a wall that will hold the canvas. The area will also be used to store supplies.
Our first task was to measure the space and make a paper pattern. Marty and Tony worked to accurately measure the height of the arch for each one foot increment across. Additional measurements were made near the edges.
After transposing the measurements to a paper pattern, I then cut it out. We checked the fit by spreading it out into the space: it was too big to handle all at once so we did a test fit of the left half, then the right half.
Back up on the ladders and wrestling with the paper to get it to fit into the lunette.
We have a perfect fit.